Position: Full-time Accountant
Application Deadline: 31 January, 2016
Start Date: 1 March, 2016
Location of working sites: Based in Hpa-an, Karen State, Burma with the requirement of frequent travel to the KESAN Office in Rangoon, other areas within Burma, the Thai-Burma border and the KESAN Office in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The Karen Environmental and Social Action Network is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working alongside with local communities in Karen State, Burma (Myanmar). KESAN is committed to promoting indigenous knowledge, capabilities, and gender equality while enriching and sustaining livelihoods and biodiversity, raising awareness on environment and climate change, supporting community-based livelihood initiatives, and advocating for policies that ensure people's participation, ownership, and gender equity and environmental sustainability in the developmental process taking place in the rural areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accountant will be working closely with the KESAN Financial Manager, Executive Director, Deputy Director and KESAN Program Coordinator in Rangoon. This is a full time position and will in include full staff benefits and appropriate salary based on relevant experience and educational background. Key duties for this position will include:
- Prepare and submit financial reports to the Financial Manager
- Monitor and check expenditures and budgets of organization, project and programme accounts
- Issue income and expenses documents when required
- Manage and maintain the accounting system and ensure that all necessary/ relevant back-up documents are provided
- Assist the Financial Manager in budgeting and organizational management
- Prepare regular cash flow projections and expenditures reconciliations
- Advise/inform the Director, Management Committee and Project Coordinators on financial matters
- Coordinate external and internal audits in Rangoon
- Manage a strong and practical petty cash system and train staff about its use
- Manage all bank transactions including fund withdrawals, fund transfers and deposits
- Perform other duties as it may be required in the office or assigned by the Director when necessary
- Collect and check all receipts and vouchers from Staff and enters all such information into the corresponding Excel account databases.
- Be responsible for all office materials, fixtures and fixed assets
- Record and review financial transactions
Required experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of accounting work experience, preferably in the context of the Thai-Burma border and inside Burma (Myanmar)
- Strong communication skills in Burmese, English and Karen
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to work with others as a team member
- Be able to travel throughout Thailand, Burma (Myanmar), and to other countries
Other preferred qualifications:
- Valid Thai ID or Passport holder
- University degree
- Experience working with refugees, internally displaced persons (IDP) communities and civil society organizations
Note: Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply for this position and women will be given priority to match our organization's gender policy.
How to apply: